Mokona Village Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

2 posters

Go down

Anime Empty Anime

Post  Tannim Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:30 am

I thought this would be a good spot for those who'd like to discuss their favorite animated shows.

I'm currently looking at getting the second season of Ah! My Goddess, and the boxed set for School Rumble. I currently own all of the Record of the Lodoss Wars (OAV, TV, Crystania Movie and Chaos Rings), and stay up to date with the latest One Piece by downloading fansubs, mostly because I doubt their American counterpart will manage to ever catch up with them. I also keep up with Hayate no Gotoku and plan on buying it when it comes stateside, same with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya when the box set comes out, and am looking forward to the second season. Recently, I found about an old, 80's series called "Touch," an old but really famous in Japan baseball/high school anime that's really good, and been downloading that as well since it's not available in the US, nor does it look like it'll come anytime soon. That's a summary of my current interests. ^_^

I'm a longtime fan of Ranma 1/2, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, Uresai Yatsura, Full Metal Panic, Bubblegum Crisis, Chobits, Cowboy Bebop, Fushigi Yugi, Robotech, Macross, Rurouni Kenshin, Fruits Basket, Trigun, El Hazard: The Magnificent World, and my personal favorite, the Irresponsible Captain Tylor, to name a few. I've also enjoyed obscure titles such as Otaku no Video, Combat Duty Shinesmen, 3x3 Eyes, Maze: The Megaburst Space, Photon, Video Girl Ai, and Those Who Hunt Elves.

I'm 25, and armed with ADD; I've watched more than my fair share of shows over the years, and know or at least heard of just about anything that came out in the 90's. With the rate of fansubbed shows these days, though, I've given up trying and pulled back from my obsession, lest I get sucked in and never reemerge. I used to be known as the "Anime Guru," and to my friends I still am, but I cannot in good conscience take that title today. I mentioned so many shows in the hope that if you're relatively new to the scene, hopefully you can find an oldie but goodie that'll be both new and fun.

Long live Mokona Village, and it's social chewy center! =)

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/126066/

Back to top Go down

Anime Empty Re: Anime

Post  Facepalm Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:55 am

Hmmm, as far as anime goes I have a pretty extensive list, but my top are One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, and Deathnote. My guilty pleasure is Prince of Tennis. They fight a bear... with tennis... and by bear I mean man in a bear suit. I've seen most of School Rumble, and Haruhi. Also on my list of completed series is Bebop, EVA, Trigun, Fushigi yugi, Outlaw Star, Paradise Kiss, Ouran Host Club, Tsubasa, Full Metal Alchemist, Buso Renkin, Shaman King, Karas, and probably a dozen more I've forgotten.

I also watch a lot of American animation, like Samurai Jack (I own all 4 seasons) Avatar (my new #1 pick) Invader Zim, Teen Titans. Unfortunately, American cartoons are often short lived, and most of them are poorly written. Oh well, c'est la vie. There are some good ones out there, but you really need to search for 'em.
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

http://mokona-village.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tannim Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Well, for American shows, my guilty pleasure hands down has to be Kim Possible. It has some of the best over-arching characterization I've seen in a show in the US, and it has lasted four seasons and a two movies. When it first came out on the heels of the "Mission Impossible" success I refused to watch, thinking somehow the two were linked. Imagine my surprise and delight that, years later when I caught an episode, it was actually a good show. I've been a fan ever since, and participated in the "Save Kim Possible" drive so that there'd be a fourth season.
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/126066/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down