Mokona Village Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Becoming a Reaper

2 posters

Go down

Becoming a Reaper Empty Becoming a Reaper

Post  Facepalm Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:50 pm

If you are interested in becoming a Reaper, but clueless on how, look no further. First, let me explain the benifits of being a Reaper. You get access to a bunch of new quests and allies. Also, there are several helpful items that only a Reaper can obtain. Finally there is the Blood of the Reaper, which allows you to gain additional strength at the cost of levels.

So now you're wondering, how do I become one? The first step is to get 3 Reaper items. I'm 90% sure you need the Heck butterfly, and the other 2 can be made up of any of the other 3 avalible items.

The first item is the Heck butterfly. This is a D-Rank mission called Save the Soul Reaper. It is easiest done with the aid of a ninja dog and the epic dog urination technique (just make sure you have the ability to succeed as Epic Dog has -2 str and -2 lvls). The butterfly will give you +10 stamina per day. Not bad.

The second item is the Swallowtail butterfly. It is found in the D-ranks, but is labelled a C-rank. It is C-Rank! Help out a Soul Reaper. Same as before, the Epic Dog will net you the greatest chance of getting it, though other allies and white eyes will also help. This gives you another +10 stamina per day. Yes, the two butterflies stack, so getting both will net you +20 per day. Pretty sweet.

The third item is the Soul Glove. It is found in the C-ranks, under Pick up after a Reaper. The glove gives +1 lvls.

The final item is the blue hairpin. You need 3 hairpin pieces from the lottery, and the you must complete a special mission, titled A ditzy girl is being atacked by monsters! After completing this, and turning in the 3 hairpins, you will get the blue hairpin piece, which gives +2 stamina back per chakra charge. It also completely restores your stamina back to your maximum, once you complete it. Also you can do this mission multiple times, if oyu have 3 more hairpin pieces. Just sell your old blue one and the mission will pop back up! Blue Hairpins sell for 10,000 ryo, I believe.

(I believe you used to be able to win the Sword of the Reaper, but I think they changed that as I have not seen it as a prize in the lotto for a while. I will double check this.)

So, now that you have 3 items, you can attempt to become a Reaper! You should have a Special Mission along the lines of the Heck Butterfly is flitting about. (not sure exactly on this) Beating this mission will net you a Substitue Soul Reaper badge, and Shorty as an ally. The badge gives +1 gen str, and allows you to do Reaper missions. If you check your regular mission screen, there should be a new, purple mission bar. Congratulations, you have completed the first step!
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

http://mokona-village.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Becoming a Reaper Empty Bloodline: Blood of the Reaper

Post  Facepalm Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Now you're a Reaper, but you want to do higer level stuff, right? Sure you do. The next step is getting the unique Bloodline, Blood of the Reaper. It allows you to trade lvls to str. This is benifical when you need the extra insurance that all of your rolls will hit. Okay, so here's how you go about getting it.

First, you need to get the ninja allies. This mission requires the following, MC Stripeypants, Shorty, Strawberry, Tic Tac, and Robogirl. The others are all optional. To get the allies, look for the ally page I posted. That should point you in the right direction.

Okay, so before we get the bloodline, let's take care of some house keeping things before we go for it. Notice how Reaper mission take of an additional 5 stamina? Want a way to prevent that? Then you need to get the Soul Candy. To get this Reaper Item, you need to make a team of just Tic Tac and Robogirl. Get their friend points pretty high, like over 500 to be safe. You should have a Special mission about them wanting to play a prank on some Reapers. If you complete it you will win Soul Candy, which will prevent the stamina loss, and open up the higher level Reaper missions. If you are Special Jounin, you will get B-Ranks, and if you are higher, you will get A-Ranks.

That done with you can get your sword. There will be a special mission about how you hear a voice calling. Do that mission, and you will be asked to trade 6 levels for the sword. The Sword of the Reaper gives +2 levels, so it really isn't a loss. Take it and you're ready to proceed.

This part is the meat of the post. Get MC Stripeypants and the Sword of the Reaper. There will be a special mission about training your sword. You simply need to complete the first part and then wait 3 days. If you do it correctly, you will obtain the ability to name your sword as well as gain the Blood of the Reaper. In its shikai stage, it grants you -4 lvls and +2 str. As a bonus you can use your call for -2 lvls and +2 successes.

Now with your sword, you can do the mission about Shorty and Strawberry arguing with some other Reapers. (Yes, you can do this before you get your Bloodline, but the last mission is an auto success if you have a shikai, so it is easier if you get the Bloodline first.) If you manage to complete this, you will get Tats as an ally, and a Captain's Jacket giving you +10% exp! Congratulations! You have completed the second step!
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Becoming a Reaper Empty True Blood of the Reaper

Post  Facepalm Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:29 pm

So you think you're all set now that you've gotten the Blood of the Reaper? Wrong! There is one more level of Reaperness for you to obtain! First, you need to get Hermano and Fletch. These guys are tricky to get if you don't have white eye to help you out, as they are a rare, A-rank mission. First, you need to be at least a jounin to get the A-ranks. You also need to have gotten the soul candy to access these missions. Now you are looking for two missions, Protect a Possessed Bird and Sew a Plushie. This may take a while (it took me about a week to finally get them). Just keep grinding away, and you'll get them eventually. You can just take only Nin and Gen missions to speed this up, as they still show up when you focus on one attribute. This was my preferred method, especially when I only had Hermano left to get. (Note: keep any silver petals you get from Strawberry/Shorty. You'll need them later).

Now that you have the guys, you can begin the special mission! Shorty is kidnapped! Oh no! So basically, there are a bunch of missions that will be fairly easy for a jounin to accomplish, until you get to a mission which I believe is something like 18 difficulty, 5 successes. 18 is pretty difficult, so the trick is to get 5 automatic successes. This can be done with a Ring of Power (+1 Tai success) from NWW rewards, Timmy lvl 2 (2 successes and counts as a Reaper Ally) and your Shikai (2 successes). After that, there is another mission, that should have a lot of successes needed, but that is not nearly as hard. You'll also need 50 silver petals for this endeavor (hope you've been saving up). When you're all done, you've gained the True Blood of the Reaper. You've also got Shorty lvl 2 and Mr. Six! The True Blood of the Reaper takes away 6 levels when rolling, but adds +3 strength to your rolls (Very helpful for A-ranks). Now go enjoy your bloodline, new signature and new allies. You are the ultimate Reaper!
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Becoming a Reaper Empty Re: Becoming a Reaper

Post  Tannim Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:48 am

I'm writing to confirm that, yes, it is 100% positive you need the Heck Butterfly. As of right now I have all three other items (Soul Glove, Blue Hairpin, Swallowtail Butterfly) and I cannot get the stinkin' mission to start my quest for becoming a Reaper. Now I really wish I spent more time as a Genin and Chunin working the D-rank Taijutsu missions.
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/126066/

Back to top Go down

Becoming a Reaper Empty Re: Becoming a Reaper

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum