Mokona Village Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself!

+5
Jeff
Ranma
Facepalm
Skittles
Tannim
9 posters

Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty Introduce Yourself!

Post  Tannim Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:29 am

Hey there, Tannim here. Just joined the village and already love the place. =) The forum is really nice and I figure there should be a place for people to say "hi," so here it is.

Been an anime fan since I saw "Voltron" when I was a kid, then "Sailor Moon" when I was a teen, even before I knew what all this "anime" stuff was about. Now I'm a complete Japanophile with a love for the country as well as a love for its cartoons. The only shows that I'm currently watching are "One Piece" and "Hayate no Gotoku," both fansubbed.

As a side note I've also been interested in fanfiction for a number of years, starting way back in 1999 or so. Written a few works myself, though nothing spectacular, and am a fan of the "self insertion," or I suppose the more popular term "mary sue," when they're done right. I suppose that's why I like this game; somehow it manages to make me feel like a ninja. ^_^
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/126066/

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post  Skittles Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Hello! I'm the Kage...

I'd have to say the first anime that I can rightfully recall was Sailor Moon...and since I started with the dubbed, and worked my way up to subbed, it feels like it grew up with me. Thus, that series will always have a place somewhere in my heart. (Though Chibi-Usa is no favorite of mine.) Anyways...I'm currently reading more than I watch, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle, Skip Beat, Naruto, Bleach (much better in manga form), xxxHolic... among whatever else I happen to stumble over. I have equal love for Shounen and Shoujo titles. (Among anime, Escaflowne is one of my all time favorites.) Karas is a good current watch...

I'm from a fandom family, so I come by my geek/dorkiness honestly. I've roleplayed in just about every format that I know of... I play video games, write random fantasy/sci-fi stuff on occassion, and read lots of books.

Also, I'm a psych. major in college.
Skittles
Skittles
Kage
Kage

Back to top Go down

Post  Facepalm Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Hey, Facepalm here. I am the one that made this wonderful site you are visiting, and I am currently helping to run it with the Kage-sama. I enjoy video games, board games, comics, manga, anime, some sports, and anything else that strikes my fancy. I have sort of an addictive personality, which explains why I am up at 3 AM posting things for you guys! ^-^

I will do my best to help you guys out, as my old village is not nearly as social as this one. More about me... i live in the U.S. East Coast (that's why it is set to Eastern Standard Time.) I am friends with a few of the people in the village, so it was a great when the kage made this village. I am highly anticipating Brawl for the wii (see my other topic) and One Piece Unlimited Adventure. I am an illustration major, so I got to do the headband and banner for this site! That's all for now!
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

http://mokona-village.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranma Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Moin Moin Village, Ranma here.
As you maybe can guess cause of the greeting, I'm from Germany. Next year I'll graduate from school and beginn to visit an university afterwards(or I hope so^^). Cause it's winter at the moment I spend most of the time watching anime, reading a few manga or playing some games on the computer. When I'm not doing anything like that I play soccer, go to the gym or meet with my friend and drink beer^^.

I think the first anime I remember is Sailor Moon, too, which I loved. I think I must have benn about 4 years old. Then I liked a lot of soccer animes and of course Dragonball. I think my love for anime and the whole japanese culture started with Naruto. Cause the synchronisation over here sucks unbelievabely I started to watch it subbed online and ... yeah so I became an animaniac^^
I also like nearly every shonen or shojo anime. But normally I like the longer ones better. I'm always sad when a good anime ends after 12 episodes or sth. like that.

Concerning our wonderful village, I'm really happy that I chose to try to be accepted to our magnificient Mokona village. I think our village is really social like facepalm said and that's nver the less because of our wonderful leaders: Our Kage-sama Skittles farao and his right hand Facepalm cheers cheers
I do my best to serve our village and to make it even more beautiful.

Okay I'm sure I forgot a lot but that should be fine for now.

Ranma
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:45 am

Greetings Mokona villagers!

I'm Jeff (three guesses which one is me Razz). I'm a cyborg!!! I'm into giant robots of many shapes and forms but especially Transformers (though that's not an anime). My first anime was Mazinger Z that I rented from a Blockbuster store though I didn't know what anime was then. The dub was called Zandor Z too if I remeber correctly... Anyway, big fan of Gundam, Eva (even though they're not really robots but w/e), and nearly everything with robots. Really into videogames (360 owner myself but I don't discriminate against the others unless they diss my system first). Fav genres are shooters and RPGs and sometimes action. In my free time I like drawing and model building and action figure collecting and on occasion modding my toys. I read manga and comics that my friends tell me are good and I usually enjoy them, aside from that I don't read much.

Bout the village, I was the third member to join and I consider myself one of the top generals or something... I'm one of the tough guys I oughta have some kinda rank! Anyhoo I like sparring and leaving loud messages either of sweeeet sweet triumph or excruciating humiliating defeat! Whichever is appropriate. I also enjoy giving our candy-MAN No Razz kage nicknames. The village is certainly more sociable than most of the villages I have been to and I luvs it!
Jeff
Jeff
That Other Guy
That Other Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Skittles Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:43 am

I will have you know, Sir Not Jeff, that you are the first person who got a special nickname.
But, if you insist on getting a title...
Hhhhhmmmmmmm... maybe your special title should be...

"That other guy".
Yes. I think I like it. *points dramatically* Sir Not Jeff, you shall now on be known as Sir Not Jeff, That Other Guy!
SNJTOG if other people are feeling lazy.
Skittles
Skittles
Kage
Kage

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:34 am

"THAT OTHER GUY"?!?! That's what you call the guy in the background who's name you can't remember!!! C'mon I'm at least supporting character status! Ah well I guess I still have the title "Sir"... I guess that's a title. Sir Not Jeff That Other Guy!!! kinda a mouthfull though... And SNJTOG doesn't flow well... SNoJTOG? SiNJTOG? SirNJTOG? I must leave to ponder...
Jeff
Jeff
That Other Guy
That Other Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Skittles Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Nah. I call the people in the background George. Or Bob.
Skittles
Skittles
Kage
Kage

Back to top Go down

Post  Tannim Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skittles Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:32 pm

Nooooooope, just two of the most average names I could think of. (John wasn't acceptable, because it actually is the number one name, and used for naming unknown bodies/victims.) I think if I were to blame anything, it would be Warner Brother's sheep dog cartoons, at least for George. I think the other dog was named Ralph.

That does look like an amusing strip though.
Skittles
Skittles
Kage
Kage

Back to top Go down

Post  Tannim Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:10 pm

Not only can you read them week by week rather than one at a time, it actually has an ending. Right now it's looping, with the author providing commentary.
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Facepalm Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:01 pm

There, Jeff, i gave you the Title of That Other Guy, as you wished for. Very Happy
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanky Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:28 am

A lil about meself, I'm about as serious as a clown with an invisible dog leash sitting on a whoopee cushion. What first got me interested in anime was the old classic Akira, after that I was pretty much hooked on it. General interests are D&D (Yes, I know I'm a nerd Very Happy ), Magic:The Gathering, mmo's, music and old console games. Much appreciation Facepalm and Candy Coated Kage for the work on the forum, it looks excellent, and I must say, I'm glad I was accepted into the village, much more fun and sociable than the others ^_^

Shanky
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Facepalm Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:29 am

Thanks! I like to forum too. And the goal of our village is to be friendly and social, unlike certain other villages that are strictly out to power game/beat down on weaker villages *cough Andromeda cough* Oh well, we'll be the top village some day... pirat
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Excelsior Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:45 am

Heya all. I just recently joined the Decepticons Village and am still very new to the Billy vs Snakeman game. (Just started 3 days ago Razz)

My interests are in computers, anime, manga, movies and video games. Looking back, my first anime was probably pokemon / sailor moon / dragonball z. I enjoy playing Wii and Nintendo DS in my spare time. The only manga I'm reading atm is Naruto.

Anyway that's about enough about me, see you guys around the forum.
Excelsior
Excelsior
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hachirou Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:01 pm

Yo! This is Hachirou. I joined Mokona Village a few days ago, so I apologize if it takes me a while to learn everyone's names.

My interests include (but are not limited to) acting, writing, kung fu, drawing, culture, World of Warcraft, mathematics, and roleplaying. Currently, I'm thinking about becoming a concept artist at the moment... I'm not sure if I have the motivation to become a comic book artist anymore, though it'd still be worth a shot. The thought of all of those constant deadlines makes me queasy. XD

Manga/Anime I read/watch include Sakura Wars, Trigun, Pretear, Bleach, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, and Naruto among others. Thought I'm somewhat of a critic, generally my tastes are pretty broad, so if you have any recommendations on series or anything, feel free to say so.

Anyways, seeing I can't think of anything else to say, I'll stop for now.
Hachirou
Hachirou
Chunin
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku2 Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:41 pm

Hey! I just realised that, despite all that trouble I went through, I hadn't even posted on here yet... Well, let me introduce myself then.

Name's Miku, as I'm sure you've already noticed. I like roleplaying, anime/manga, most videogames, reading, and writing. On the topic of anime, I started off on Sailor Moon as well, then moved on to Dragonball Z, and found my way from there. I read Naruto, Chobits, Tsubasa, XXXholic, Fruits Basket, and anything else I can get my hands on.

My sense of humor's a bit strange, so you're all warned on that note...And....

I don't really know what else to say...I'm really liking the village so far, though, so...See ya around.
Miku2
Miku2
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tannim Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 am

Hachirou, I am completely blown away by your picture. Not only does it look awesome, but the forehead protector is a great finishing touch. Excellent job! ^_^ A series I highly recommend checking out if you haven't already is "Oh My Goddess" (or "Ah! My Goddess," or "Ah! Megami-sama"... depending on translation/preference). Judging by the fact that I have enjoyed much of what is on your list (including Pretear... heh) I'm sure you'd enjoy it. Originally it had only a 5 episode OAV to its name, but has grown to a movie, and lately, a two-season TV run. Another couple of old favorites are "Slayers" and "Record of the Lodoss Wars." I'm a bit old-skool in case you couldn't guess. ^_~

Miku, I'm glad to see you made it onto the board. I hope you like it here, and unless I miss my guess, I'm fairly certain you'll fit right in with that sense of humor of yours. ^_^ As a registered Japanophile myself, I've had my fair share of weird looks, and I assure you, we understand and will enjoy having you here. =D

Tannim of the Murphy Clan, signing out, and wishing he had a more witty sig...
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hachirou Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:14 am

Thanks. I figured if I was going to join the village, I ought to show some spirit. Mokona FTW! You can tell I cheated though, I just copied and pasted the logo unto the headband. XD Drawing that small would make my hand all cramped. Plus, for the background, I just an image search for 'tree backgrounds' until I found something. I'm so lazy...

Man, just google-searched "Oh! My Goddess" and the art for it is really nice. Maybe when spring break comes around I can watch it. Major testing going on right now, so I dunno if I'll have the time. I've actually been thinking about looking into Slayers. I saw a preview for it on my Sakura Wars disc, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. X| 'Course, I haven't looked in a while, and I might be able to find it on the web if I try hard enough. I love old-skool stuff, for video-games too. I'm still playing point-and-click RPGs. XD
Hachirou
Hachirou
Chunin
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skittles Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:53 am

We made it over two pages in the introduction thread! Awesome!

Hello to everyone I haven't said hello to yet in the forums, including Shanky McShankShank! It looks like we have an awesome collection of people! It's definitely a warm fuzzy feeling to get back and find out things are going so well!

I definitely am looking forward to talking with everyone when it isn't so late at night!

Thank you for making Mokona Village such a great place!
Skittles
Skittles
Kage
Kage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum