Mokona Village Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions

Go down

Questions Empty Questions

Post  Facepalm Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Post any question you may have here! We will do our best to find the answer for you.

FAQ (Taken from the Main Game, How to Play)

How do I delete a character?
Leave your Village, Clear your Sparring List, and stop logging in as them. It'll get deleted in 30 days..

Can I pay money to get a special bonus?
BvS will always be totally free, with NO bonuses (that you can't get in another way) given to those with money. Everyone's on an even field. We may offer bonuses to those who greatly help the game, but it won't be anything you can't get in another way. The Hammergirl situation is special - they've done more to get people playing the game than, frankly, we have. Lots of the original players come from there, and the 'Stamina for shopping' thing is our way of saying thanks. We don't get a cut from them.

What gets me banned?
Doing anything that compromises the game in general, and makes it less fun for others (other than, say, raiding their village and crushing their hopes and dreams Smile). Here's some specifics: Having more than two characters from one IP that are in the same village. Having more than three characters from the same IP for any reason. Exploiting an 'Unlimited' Stamina / Ryo bug and not reporting it. Attempting to break into another character's account. Sending lewd messages. Attempting to get around cursing filters. You know, generally being one of THOSE people on the Internet.

How many characters can I have?
Three is pretty much the limit per IP - although, the same IP can't go on Resource / Patrol more than once a day, so putting all those characters in the same village won't help that much. Also, the game has pretty significant 'mule' detection, so if you just have a character to work all day and dump the Ryo in a Village for some other character, we'll find it, and delete every character from that IP without warning. If you have multiple characters, keep them out of the same Village.

But I have forty identical brothers and we all share the computer and want to be in the same village!
Yeah, right. Yes, we know that four, five players may use the same PC in RARE circumstances - just keep each of the different characters in different villages, not helping each other, and it will be fine. If you have two characters in a village, you will be watched for signs of collusion. We have plenty of practice from AnimeVersus in catching this sort of stuff, so don't try it. If you simply must have the same players in the same Villages, play from a different computer, please.

I can't give certain Items to the Village!
Certain rare permanent items and things you can only win in the Raffle aren't tradable.

I am not getting my Village Bonuses!
Your Village Leader may have removed your permissions to access upgrades (the Jonin Test is given by an upgrade, so that matters).

I want a custom picture!
Become at least Chunin and go to the shopping menu.

Menus aren't displaying correctly / I get put on Training Missions no matter what!
You need to have Javascript on and have a supported browser. Try IE or Firefox.

How do I report a bug?
Tell us what showed up, what page it happened on (be specific!) and what you did right before it. Also send us a message when you notice that the bug is fixed.

When does the new day start?
Sometime randomly between 1AM and 2AM CST, to keep people from flooding it right when the day changes (not that that can help you in any way).
LOL IM GOING TO PLAY ATACK A VILAGE RIGHT AT THE NEW DAY FTW!
Patrolling works like this - if you Patrol on any given day, it helps your village ALL NEXT day. So, attack right at the day roll ISN'T HELPING. Stop it. As attacking is the most server-consuming thing we have here, and there is NO benefit to doing it right when the day goes, we may disable it between 1AM and 3AM if people can't take the hint.

I did the same thing twice!
STOP HITTING REFRESH AND/OR DOUBLE-CLICKING. Doing so does what you just did, again. If your internet burps, and the page doesn't go through, re-log in.

I can't learn a Jutsu from my Ally / village Trainer!
Certain Jutsus don't show up until you are a particular ninja rank or level.
Some Ninja have zero Jutsu to learn!
Some Jutsu require a certain level, some require a certain bloodline. You might not have either.

I try to upload my picture, but the page is blank!
That means the image you have is corrupt, too large, or has a weird palette. Make sure it is a correctly-sized, regular-old jpeg.

How do I remove Jutsu from my list?
Go to the Jutsu Organization menu, off of the Jutsu Buying page.

When do my Teams help?
Teams help during Missions, Special Missions, Monster Attacks, and Bingo Attempts. They do not help during Spying, Attacking, Sparring, or in the Ninja World War.

How exactly does WhiteEye work?
Random pickups in the game are determined by secrtely choosing a percentage - for example, a Kunai in one mission may be a 50% chance of pickup. a round number is chosen from 1 to 100%, and if it meets or is less than the chance, you get that item/ninja. Most bonuses to the chance to pick things up add to the pickup chance - a 20% bonus means that kunai would be a 70% chance (50+20).

WhiteEye works differently - it DOUBLES the chance, after all other bonuses. So, for a 50% chance item, it'd be 100% - an autoget. For things that are 1-2% chance, it doesn't help that much - BUT, it doubles all other bonuses. So, say you had a 1% chance pickup item, and a 20% chance bonus. You'd have a 21% chance to pick that up, but if you used WhiteEye as well, it'd be 42%. Most pickups in the game are between 30 and 60 % chances (super rare items aside), so a WhiteEye use is almost an auto pickup. This INCLUDES things like "you find a refreshing spring, +50 stamina!", so WhiteEye has the added bonus of getting you a lot more stamina as well.

That difficulty is too high!
In the beginning, you can't get higher than a 10. Higher ranks, items, Jutsu, and Ninja Allies can all help with that, though.

How hard is it to Spy on a Village?
The smaller they are, the more difficult it is. For villages under ten Ninja, the base difficulty is 15!

Some Upgrades aren't listed!
Your Village is too small. Get bigger to see more.

Do Permanent Items stack?
No. Having three Ninja Dogs doesn't help you statswise any more than having one.

I want more stamina!
You get more stamina per day for having a higher Ninja Rank, certain Village upgrades, and permanent items. Hunt around for hidden bonuses!

Why remodel?
If your village used to be huge, now you have to deal with that hugeness when it comes to getting spied on, patrolling, minimum tax rates, and so on. Remodeling fixes that.

My village didn't get its resources / Ryo!
Those things aren't given until a random time up to 12 hours after dayroll, to keep people from jumping you right when the day rolls to get your new resources and Ryo. Wait a couple hours.

My Daily XP is higher than the XP I got today!
Many things give you a 'Daily XP Bonus', which helps you get bonuses to all sorts of things (for having a high daily XP). Partying, Spying, Attacking, Patrolling, many things give a Daily XP Bonus. Check around!

How do I get a headband?
It is a Village Upgrade (Hitaiate Maker), and costs 5000 Vilalge Ryo.

My Headband didn't change!
It did change, but your browser is chaching the old one. Go hard-reload (Ctrl-F5) your main menu!

My Ninja / Jutsu / Mission type costs me stamina, and I don't have enough, but it still lets me use them!
Jutsu that cost stamina to use and other things like that aren't taken until AFTER your mission, so if you only have a few Stamina left, you can still use them, with no ill effects. Go out with a bang!

Where did my friend points go?
When you hang out with a ninja, it resets their friend points to ero, since they want to go hang out with other people too. Just get more by partying with them or putting them in your party!

My signature isn't updated!
It updates at night, AFTER you've played most of your stamina the day before.

I'm totally going to hide the referral link in something, and trick people into clicking on it!
No you aren't. You use the link to show people the game, not to just trick them into stamina. Don't make us ban you. Make sure the link to the game is obviously a link to Billy.

I don't want to join the War!
We know that getting to the higher levels requires people to join into the Ninja World War, and some people might not want that. However, the worst that can happen to you (before you get Advanced Resources) is you can lose a maximum of 10 Stamina a day from being raided. Since a Noodle Shop (+10 Stamina per day) is inexpensive, that more than cancels it out, so you've got nothing to worry about.

How do I get other resources?
You only make one type of Basic Resource, and one Advanced. Get the others from invading other villages.

How can I get Ninja to join my Village?
Have a well-thought out application blurb, a cool headband, and get your friend into the game, and you'll have no problem!

I helped my Village Collect / Patrol, where's my bonus?
Your Bonus isn't actual XP, it is only to help you in the daily rankings, like it says on the message it gives you.

I can't Patrol, it says my IP conflicts!
The game checks not only your IP, but the ones you've played at recently as well. Don't think you can get away with just logging in at a different PC to patrol in your alt's village - it checks your 'regular' IP, too.

How exactly do XP/AP percentage bonuses work?
They multiply.So, if you have a +10% from one source, and a +20% from another source, they go 100%*1.1*1.2=132%.

One of my allies can Drift Race! How?
Drift Racing is an upcoming upgrade - the allies were the first things to be added. Right now, you can't, but stay tuned.

I'm not from the same IP as them!
Chances are you probably were. The game keeps track of your IP over the past few days, so if you "play at a friend's house" or "boht just happen to have the same random IP generated by your service provider", you'll show up as the same IP for a couple days. Note how those are in quotes - that is because 99% of the complaints we get are people trying to fake out the system and failing. Don't try it.

You can get a General Ryo Bonus from a Mission, and then Smoke Bomb out of it and keep the Ryo!
yeah, you can, that's not a bug. We don't see it as an issue, since there are so many more lucrative ways to use the rare Smoke Bomb..

I want to buy a Jutsu my friend has, by my ally doesn't have it!
Certain Jutsu only unlock when you are at a certain Ninja Rank - if you've looped or are jsut looking at another player, you might not have the ability yet.

My Village didn't get its Resources / Ryo!
The game will not give out resources / Ryo to a Village whose members do not play the game. If no one in your village plays their day, you won't get anything.

I falied a Special Mission, and it isn't there anymore! What gives?
You might not have the requirements to start it again. If you have the requirements to start a Special Mission, you can start it then sit on it for a few days. If later, though, you don't have the requirements (say it requires a Village Upgrade you lose, or you sell the item that starts it), it won't show again. Be careful!

I lost Shorty! How do I get Silver Petals?
She isn't the only one who drops them.

What is Looping?
Once one of your attributes gets to a certain level (18 to start), your 'Season' is ending. You then have 14 days to 'Start a New Season' in Special Missions, which will allow you to 're-roll' your character, keeping a number of special items and gaining new abilities called 'Themes'. If you don't do this within 14 days, you'll start to lose daily stamina, and the ability to help out your village. It is totally worth Looping, so get to it!

My WhiteEye didn't go off, and I got an Ally!
If your chances to get something are over 100%, WhiteEye won't activate, since you are getting it anyway.

What does NRF mean?
'Natural Resource Facility'. It is a Village Upgrade that takes your Village to the next level of the game.

Special Mission *insert name here* isn't opening, and some else said it would!
People are often wrong. Make SURE you should be able to open a mission before you bug report it. Talk to other people.

I got a Bad Password Notice!
Assuming you didn't just type in a bad password, you need to let each page load fully before going to the next. If you move on before the code fully loads, it won't recognize you.

Do Permanent Items or Allies affect Attacking and Spying?
Items do, Allies don't.

How exactly does Strength/Range work?
Here's a specific example: As a Genin, when you attempt Taijutsu, Your Taijustu attempt can have the following outcomes, each equally likely:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
If you had +1 Range, you could get the following:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
(Note that now there are 11 choices)
If you have +1 Strength, you could get the following:
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.
(Note that you anything higher than 10 is reduced to 10, but everything, even the last 10, is 1 higher than normal)
Finally, if you have +1 Strength and +1 Range, you could get:
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11.

How does Sabotage work?
Here's the whole thing.
- Leaders can buy an upgrade that lets them Sabotage.
- Leaders can Sabotage when they Invade (not Raid, Invade - one you have prepared to hit) another Village.
- You cannot Sabotage a Village with a +1 or greater Peace Bonus.
- It costs 50,000 Ryo + 1 of the basic resource your village produces to Sabotage. this can be done once a day per village. The Leader picks an upgrade in the defending village to hit.
- If the attack fails, the cost is lost.
- If the attack succeeds, you get what you normally get, plus you do between 30,000 and 50,000 points of Green Damage.
- Green Damage becomes Yellow Damage at Dayroll.
- Yellow Damage becomes Red Damage at Dayroll.
- If an upgrade has Red damage equal to or greater than its HP (which is based on its cost - things dropped by monsters have 1 Million HP) for one full day, it is destroyed.
- Repairing Upgrades costs Villager Actions (like Patrolling and Collecting, but instead, 'Repairing') and/or Village Ryo.
- Each Action done by a Villager 'banks' Repair Ryo based on their Rank. This costs neither the Villager nor the Village Ryo. If Bingo'd, you cannot Repair.
- You can only bank as much Repair Ryo as there is damage. If you dno't have less Repair Ryo than Damage, you can't Repair.
- Anyone can Bank Repair Ryo.
- Anyone with Village Upgrade Permissions can enter the Repairing Menu.
- The Damaged Upgrades are listed at the top. You can spend Banked Repair and Village Ryo to fix them (Banked Repair first).
- An Upgrade's Green Damage must be repaired before its Yellow, and so on.

- EXAMPLE: Village A has Example Upgrade, which has 100,000 HP. On Day 1, it is attacked twice, once for 45,000 Damage, once for 40,000.
Before dayroll (it is Day 1), the damage is 85,000/0/0.
After dayroll (now it is Day 2), the damage will be 0/85,000/0.
Then they are attacked again, for 40,000. Current Damage: 40,000/85,000/0.
After dayroll (now it is Day 3), the damage will be 0/40,000/85,000.
Then they are attacked again, for 45,000. Current Damage: 45,000/40,000/85,000.
After dayroll (now it is Day 4), the damage will be 0/45,000/125,000. A warning is issued - if that Red Damage of 55,000 isn't repaired to below 100,000, the upgrade will be lost at dayroll. The Yellow Damage of 45,000 doesn't matter.
They repair 50,000 Ryo of damage. Current Damage: 0/0/120,000.
After Dayroll, the Upgrade is lost.
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

http://mokona-village.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum