Mokona Village Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations

5 posters

Go down

Recommendations Empty Recommendations

Post  Tannim Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:40 am

Yes, I'm on a thread-starting spree. Watch as I take over the forum! XD

And yes, this is where you can recommend your favorite games, or ask for recommendations.

Recommend: Xbox 360

Mass Effect. Despite being not too terribly long, and having some reoccurring elements when not involved directly with the storyline (i.e. exploring various planets), I found this game to be a hoot. It had a very deep and involved world that kept me entertained for hours on end just from reading what everyone had to say, with a well thought-out and meshed background that was quite interesting. I recommend it for RPG fans, though pure action junkies might find this a bit tedious or slow.

Recommend Request: PS2 or PSOne

I haven't exactly been keeping up with what has been coming out for this system. Is there a game, new or old, that someone particularly loved and could play for hours? I'm looking to expand my collection in this area as more and more titles hit the bargin bins.
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/126066/

Back to top Go down

Recommendations Empty Re: Recommendations

Post  Facepalm Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm gonna post mine for Nintendo Based products.

GBA: Golden Sun and the sequel. Both are very well produced, and the animations are beautiful. Well worth hunting down a copy, if you like RPG's. There is a lot to do in this game, and the sequel allows you to transfer your characters over.

DS: Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I played and beat this over the course of a week or so, but it is still very entertaining. There is one dungeon that gets a bit tedious, because you need to do it multiple times, but it is still very good for fans of action, puzzle, and rpg. It has enough to keep any casual fan interested.

Gamecube: Super Smash Brothers Melee. Best game on the cube, period. The first game I bought for the cube, and probably the most used one as well. There is enough to do in this game to last a long time. Good for people that like fighters, but don't want to memorize a lot of combos. Also a game anyone can pick up with a few hours of practice, but definitely hard to master.

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy. This is THE Game, so far. Zelda was good, but this game trumps that. Collection, replayabilty, a type of co-op, and a descent storyline. I beat the last boss, but still have many more stars to collect. It is great for a family game as someone older can help a younger gamer, by shooting enemies, or getting star bits for them.
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

http://mokona-village.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:25 am

One of my personal recommendations... Burnout Revenge. Very good stress reliever. You wanna smash stuff and smack cars off roads during fast paced racing? This is for you! And revenge takedowns are SOOO satisfying! Twisted Evil
Jeff
Jeff
That Other Guy
That Other Guy

Back to top Go down

Recommendations Empty GAME CUBE

Post  redfreak Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:41 pm

melee is the best game period.

but If your looking for a multiplayer game, i got to recommend Tales of simphonia, is an RPG, it can be played 4 players simultaneously, really beleive in me, the batles are not turn based and can be played 4 player did u hear me??? 4 PLAYERS!!!!, gamespot, IGN they dont know what im talking about, is a great game, great history, and theres no other RPGS multiplayers around..... OH MY GOD Smile

redfreak
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Recommendations Empty continuation

Post  redfreak Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:57 pm

PS: the made a version for PS2 also......

Recommendations Redfreak
Be the Ultimate

redfreak
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Facepalm Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:30 am

I agree Tales of Symphonia was a great game for GC. Even without the mulitplayer aspect, it was one of the best RPG's the cube had. The only thing that aggrevated me was the summoning system...
Facepalm
Facepalm
Admin
Admin

http://mokona-village.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Hachirou Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Katamari Damacy is a great game, though terribly non-traditional. XD I love how nonsensical it is. In addition, it has awesome music.

Goemon is also great, if you like N64 games. It's weird though, every other game is a sidescroller, where the rest just have open RPG type game play. In a sense, it's kind of like Katamari; It's better if you try not to think too much when it comes to the plot.

The last two games I haven't actually player yet, but I'm planning to as soon as I get the chance.

Dead Rising and Assassin's Creed.

Dead Rising is pretty strait forward in it's gameplay. Zombies in Mall. Kill them. Don't get eaten. However, I really like it for the inventive ways you can kill the zombies. Basically every item in the game can be used as a weapon, from lawn mowers to shelves.

Assassin's Creed not only has wicked game play, but it also has the most responsive NPC's I've seen in a game. When you climb up a wall, pr randomly jump around in a fountain, people notice. Plus, the graphics are shiny.
Hachirou
Hachirou
Chunin
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hachirou Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Right, there was another game I forgot.

Warioware.

It's awesome in every way, and the voice actor for the form baton instructions is AMAZING.
Hachirou
Hachirou
Chunin
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Recommendations Empty Recommendation

Post  Tannim Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:45 am

I highly recommend Braid; it might have already gotten a lot of rave reviews, but for a puzzle platformer that uses time manipulation as its main gimmick, it's quite good and challenging.
Tannim
Tannim
Seated Officer
Seated Officer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/126066/

Back to top Go down

Recommendations Empty Re: Braid

Post  Hachirou Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:15 am

Hmmm, haven't heard anything about it, but I should look into it...

BTW, nice to see I'm not the only one who still checks the forums. XD
Hachirou
Hachirou
Chunin
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum